Salone del Mobile is an annual furniture fair that takes place in Milan, Italy. It is one of the most important events in the world of interior design and furniture, showcasing the latest trends and innovations in the industry. The event features a wide range of products and designs, including furniture, lighting, and home accessories, from some of the world’s most renowned brands and designers.
The fair attracts visitors and exhibitors from all over the world, including architects, designers, manufacturers, and buyers, and is considered a key platform for launching new products and establishing business relationships within the industry.
The first Salone del Mobile took place in 1961. It was organised by a group of furniture manufacturers who wanted to promote Italian furniture design and production on an international scale.
The event was initially held in the Palazzo dell’Arte in Milan and featured 328 exhibitors. Over the years, the fair has grown significantly, attracting thousands of exhibitors and visitors from around the world and becoming one of the most important events in the furniture and design industry.
In recent years, the fair has featured over 2,000 exhibitors showcasing their products across more than 200,000 square meters of exhibition space.
According to the official statistics, in 2019 (the last edition of the fair before the COVID-19 pandemic), Salone del Mobile welcomed over 386,236 visitors, including industry professionals, journalists, and members of the general public. The fair is known for attracting a diverse range of visitors, including architects, designers, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers, making it a key event for networking, product launches, and business opportunities within the furniture and design industry.
How has Salone del Mobile changed the industry?
Salone del Mobile has played a significant role in shaping the world of interior design and furniture. Here are some ways in which it has impacted the industry:
- Showcasing new trends and innovations: Salone del Mobile has become a key platform for launching new products and designs, allowing manufacturers to showcase their latest innovations and stay on top of emerging trends.
- Networking and collaboration: The fair provides an opportunity for industry professionals to connect with each other, facilitating collaborations and partnerships between manufacturers, designers, and architects.
- Promoting Italian design: Salone del Mobile was initially founded to promote Italian furniture design and production, and it continues to be a key platform for Italian manufacturers to showcase their products on a global scale.
- Influencing consumer preferences: The fair’s influence on the industry has helped to shape consumer preferences and drive demand for new designs and styles.
- Increasing global awareness: The fair’s reputation has grown over the years, attracting visitors and exhibitors from around the world and increasing global awareness of the importance of the furniture and design industry.
Salone del Mobile has helped to shape the world of interior design and furniture by promoting new trends, facilitating collaborations, and increasing awareness of the importance of design in our lives.
Follow us on Instagram for live updates from the largest global design fair.